Cerrigydrudion

Cerrigydrudion is a village at the centre of North Wales, adjoining the A5; in fact the highest point of the A5 that runs from London to Holyhead. It is also the largest village within Uwchaled still with a school, bank, post office and library.

Other facilities include the White Lion and the café’s on the A5 Ty Tan Llan and The Fisheries. The Karting facility at Glan y Gors is the largest tourist attraction in the village.

The church dedicated to St Mary Magdalene was founded by the followers of St Patrick and dates to 440AD and possesses one of the oldest bells in Wales dated 1576. Jerusalem is the only Non Conformist chapel still being used.

To the north of the village are the Alwen Reservoir

                                                                   built in the early twentieth century to service the town of Birkenhead and Llyn Brenig constructed in the early 1970’s which also provides fishing, sailing and a visitor centre.

An annual meeting place of past and present residents occurs at the annual Agricultural Show held on the first Saturday in September each year.
One of the most famous sons of the village is the Radical, Jac Glan-y-Gors whose writings are well documented.

  

         

                            Cerrigydrudion Village from the North

DoodleIT Ltd

Advertise Here?

Latest news from Uwchaled community website * Cymraeg